In remote collaboration, screen recording tools become an indispensable tool for various purposes. From creating tutorials to demonstrating a technical issue.
Screen recording tool makes it easy to understand and share issues and tutorials with teams.
Whether you are an educator, especially a YouTuber, or someone who needs to demonstrate apps, having the right screen recording software is essential for your workflow.
In this article, we will see some of the best screen recording apps for YouTubers, teams, and other people.
Best Screen Recording apps in a glace
Here are the best screen recording apps in short.
- Best For Team Collaboration: Loom
- Best For Streaming: OBS Studio
- Best For Screenshots/Recording: ShareX
- Best For Editing: Camtasia
- Best For Recording: Movavi Screen Recorder
Why should you use a Screen Recording tool?
Screen recording tools are the best way to capture and share information visually. It’s really valuable in several scenarios. Here are some use cases of a screen recording app.
- For effective communication in a team.
- For training and education: Many people are required to create training and record their screen to teach something.
- For technical support: When you need to fix a technical error and don’t know how you explain, then you can record your screen to show them the error.
- Content creation: Many creators need to record their screen for streaming, memes, and tech reviews.
- Collaboration: It makes it easy to collaborate with someone with a recording screen.
These are some use cases when you can use a screen recording app to maximize your input and make it easy for you and your team.
What makes the best Screen Recording app?
When you are choosing a screen recording app, you should look for some factors that can be useful for you. Here are some of them:
- Ease of use: The app should be user-friendly and makes recording, editing, and sharing easy and seamless.
- Customization option: You should also look for the app, where you can adjust recording settings such as resolution, frame rate, and audio input for better output.
- You can have a screen recording where you can edit your recordings.
- Format and quality: The app should be able to support various output formats and produce high-quality recordings.
These are some of the features that you can expect according to your use of screen recording software.
Best For Team Collaboration: Loom
Loom is a screen video recording app that allows you to record your screen and yourself to share your views and thoughts with others. Loom also has AI features that will help you to record better, faster video messages without no time.
It will help you to auto titles, auto summaries, auto chapters, and many more. Loom is available for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Chrome extensions.
You can use your screen recording for various use cases like sales, engineering, design, marketing, education, and support.
Here are some key features of Loom.
- Record your screen videos with cam.
- Team workplace with a personal library, shared library, and team library.
- Video privacy controls
- Take unlimited screenshots
- Integration with other apps like Slack, Jira, GitHub, Gmail, UpWork and many others.
- Background noise suppression
- Drawing tool & mouse emphasis
Here is the pricing structure of the Loom Screen recorder.
Starter: Free Plan
Loom offers its free plan and it’s best for individuals to share screen recordings with others. It provides up to 25 videos/person, up to 5 Minutes per video, and for workspace, it provides 50 member access with 25 videos/person. It can be useful for individuals to try.
Business Plan: $12.50 per user per month (For teams)
This plan provides unlimited videos and recording length. remove loom branding, unlimited members, 4k video recording, blur, virtual background, Loom AI features, and many more features. This plan is best for teams to collaborate.
Enterprise Plan: Contact them for price (For large teams)
Loom provides all its features to its enterprise customers. If you want to use the enterprise plan then contact them for more information.
Who is right for Loom
The Loom screen recording is best for teams and individuals who want to collaborate and share presentations with other people. They can use this app for quick video communication with integration and a collaborative environment.
Best For Streaming: OBS Studio
OBS Studio is free and open-source software for video recording and live streaming. It’s very popular among live streamers and YouTubers.
You can use this app to record your screen with high-quality audio and video and can stream the live recording of the video to various streaming platforms like YouTube and Twitch.
You can use this app for Windows, Mac, and Linux. It’s not available for any browser extension or mobile app.
You can make many customizations to your video recording for your choice.
- Live streaming: OBS Studio allows you to capture your screen in HD quality and stream it.
- Video recording: OBS Studio supports recording via webcam and microphone.
- Scenes and sources: You can set up your stream layout, and add games, webcams, and other devices or media.
- Filters: You can add filters for visual and audio effects.
- Audio mixer: You can customize the levels and settings on up to two simultaneous audio sources.
- Create professional productions: You can preview your scenes and sources before live streaming them.
- Video Broadcasting
- Neat and clean interface
- Quality management
- Branding and personalization options
OBS Studio is free to use.
Who is right for OBS Studio
The app is suitable for individuals who want to record their screen, content creators, podcasters, and streamers.
Best For Screenshots/Recording: ShareX
ShareX is a free and open-source screenshot tool and recording app. You can use this app for taking screenshots and recording your screen.
I use this app to mainly take screenshots but you can also record your screen. It’s free to use.
- Take different types of screenshots
- Screen recording
- use different types of image tools inside the app.
- Task Settings
- Hotkey settings
- History of screenshots
- Application settings
ShareX app is free to use.
Who is right for ShareX
ShareX is best suitable for professional presentations with annotated screenshots. Technical documentation with detailed captures and quick sharing of captures across various platforms.
Best For Editing: Camtasia
Camtasia is an all-in-one solution for screen recording and video editing.
For content creators and educators, Camtasia offers many powerful video editing features like animations, effects, and multi-track editing capabilities.
The app integrates screen recording and editing within one app to bring your work into action. The app is available for both Windows and Mac.
Here are some key features of Camtasia.
- Capture your camera as you record.
- Include audio into video capture.
- Record system audio
- Pre-made templates
- Video assets like clips, music, images and more.
Camtasia app pricing is available on different tiers like individual subscription, perpetual license, and Business perpetual license.
The Individual license costs around $179.88 /year (For Indians: 17,530.63). It gives you one non-transferable license of Camtasia.
The Perpetual license costs $299.99 /user (For Indians: 29,236.23 /user). It will give you transferable perpetual licenses for up to 4 users.
The business perpetual license costs $286.85 /per user. (For Indians: ₹ 27,956.12 /user). It will give you a fully transferable license for more than 5 users.
Who is right for Camtasia
Camtasia is best for content creators and educators requiring advanced video editing features. Users seeking an all-in-one solution for recording and editing.
Best For Recording: Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi screen recorder is a simple screen recorder that provides essential features with simplicity.
The app is best for streaming videos and audio. With flexible recording settings and basic video edit features, Movavi stands out as a powerful screen recording app.
The app is available for both Windows and Mac.
Here are some features of the Movavi screen recorder.
- Full-screen or custom-screen recording
- Webcam capture and drawing on recording in real-time.
- Highlighting mouse cursor and keystrokes.
- Drawing shapes on video
- Recording scheduler.
- Noise reduction
The app is available for Mac and Windows. You can buy the app from their websites and it costs $42.95.
Who is right for Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi screen recorder is best for Individuals seeking an intuitive and affordable screen recording tool. Users looking for a balance between features and ease of use.
Tips for effective screen recording
To maximize the output of your work and screen recording. You can see these tips for effective screen recording.
- Plan your content: Outline the key points that you want to cover and clear your presentation before starting recording.
- Use a good microphone: You should invest in a good microphone for clear audio. Audio can make an effective in your presentation.
- Optimize your recording settings: Adjust your settings like screen resolution, frame rate, audio, and video output based on your content.
- Use essential features: You ensure that you want to create the best video possible for your use.
- Practice: Familiar yourself with the screen recording software for better use of the application.
Choosing the appropriate screen recording software is crucial for efficient teamwork, communication, and content creation.
The five software choices covered in this article each have special characteristics that meet a range of requirements.
You may use screen recording to improve your digital interactions and produce powerful content by knowing why it’s important, what makes a good screen recording tool, and how to record efficiently.
Here are the best screen recording apps in short.