This is a full tutorial of google keep amazing tips and tricks in 2021. These tips will help you organize your notes, getting your things done, and maintaining a stress-free life.
Google keep is a note-taking application by google. It is a small, useful, and simple interface app that helps you to capture your ideas, thoughts, and to-do list for later use or save notes.
Let’s see some of the features or google keep tips and tricks to better know and use to simplify and organize your thoughts with one click. You can see the review of google keep by clicking here.
Google keep tips and tricks everyone should know about
Organize with labels
Labels are like categories and they organize your notes. If there are lots of notes you have taken, then definitely label your notes like business, work, personal or school, or any other names as you are comfortable.
This will organize your notes and further when you want a specific note you can visit the labels section to find it.
Organizing this will help you to consume less time and destress yourself. You can also add labels by typing ” # ” in the note.
Organize with colors
After labeling you can color code the notes to look attractive and eye-catching.
if you give specific color for a specific type of note you can find easily that note.
You definitely have recurring tasks or those notes you want to see very often you can do so by pinning those notes and when you visit later you will see the notes are at the top.
- On the desktop you can pin by hovering the pin you will see a little pin option on the top right-hand side and after clicking that you the note will be at the top.
- Similarly, on mobile, you can do so by clicking the note and you will see three options the first one on the left side is the pin option.
Also read: Google Keep review
Suppose you are outside from your home, your mind struck an idea and you don’t have anything to write on or don’t have time to write.
But on google keep you can record your thoughts and listen to them later when you need.
You can open the google keep app on mobile and on below there are lots of options but you will see a mic option they also click that to record.
Record everything you want to capture.
Goole keep will detect your language and will copy the statement you record and you can visit the note and recording whenever you want.
You wrote a note and you want to memorize the note later and you can do by setting reminders.
The reminder will help you to send the notification, the time you set on the reminder.
You can set reminders,
- On desktop, hover on the note you want to set a reminder, then you will see on the bottom left corner a bell option click on that and select your time or specific time to set.
- On mobile, click on the note then select the bell option right after the pin option and set.
This one is very interesting when I first discovered it was awesome for me.
You can also set reminders on location-based. Suppose you are in India and you are going to London then you can set reminders on a note by selecting the desire location.
And after you reach that location the app will notify you. How cool is that?
- On mobile and desktop, you can do this by going as “set reminder” tip and you will see the select place option on the bottom.
Also read: Steal like an artist summary:
When you note everything and you will see the app will see messy will outdated information you don’t want to see and you avoid those notes by achieving those.
The archive option will hide notes from the homepage and you can visit the archive tab whenever you need to see those notes.
Pro tip: Don’t delete any notes, you may find them useful later instead of the archive.
Those notes which are not necessary or not require can delete those notes and the note will go to the trash folder and notes are deleted after 30 days period or you can delete them instantly by going to the trash folder and permanently delete the notes.
- On desktop, you can delete by hovering the note and you will three-dot click that and you will see the delete note option. Or simply hover and press the delete option from your keyboard.
- On mobile also click on note> click on three dots > delete.
If you want to list something, then you can use checkboxes, After clicking the box your note will go down to the checked items.
- On desktop, create/select a note > click on three dots > Show tick boxes option.
- On mobile, Create/select a note > on bottom left corner click on squared plus icon
You can hide the checkboxes by clicking three dotes and hide tick boxes option if checkboxes enabled
Also read: 10 Simple tips for start reading books
Add background images and color outline
This is the new feature google keep introduced, and you can now set background images from the default background or give a color outline to it.
Suppose you give to select a background and five yellow colors then the color will be outlined.
if you don’t select any image background and select the color yellow you will only have a color background.
- On desktop, this is not rolled out yet.
- On mobile, you can select the color option and you will see both color and background.
When you are a child you definitely draw something on your floor or wall or your notebook.
Google keep’s draw feature will allow you to draw on notes that you can visualize your notes clearly.
You can draw by clicking
- On desktop, click on three dots > Add drawing option
- on mobile, click on squared share plus icon > Add drawing
Grab image into the text
Let’s you have an image where some sentences are written and you want to make that a written note. Then you can do that with google keep’s “Grab image text” feature.
This feature is very useful when you want to copy text from images.
- On desktop, upload an image to the note > Click on three dots and select “grab text image”.
- On mobile, after uploading the picture > Click on the image > click on three dots > Grab text image.
Also read: Eat that frog Book Summary
Search in advance
Suppose you have written a note and you want to find that quickly you can search like advanced attributes like Reminders, list, image, labels (or, specific label name ), links, place, color, etc.
These attributes will help you to find the desired notes very quickly.
Collaborate with others
You have a team and you want to share some quick notes or details about something and you can do so with the feature called “Collaborator“.
You can apply by clicking the collaborator option and add the person’s email address, whom you want to share. And the note will share with that person via google keep’s account.
Convert lines into checkboxes
Suppose you have a list and that has in lines and you want to convert lines into checkboxes.
You can with google keep show tick boxes feature.
- On desktop, Select the note> Click on three dots > Show tick boxes.
- On mobile, click on the note > click on squared plus icon > Select checkboxes.
If you want to hide those checkboxes you can select the three-dot on where the checkboxes start and select hide checkboxes.
Copy to google docs
You can copy a note to google docs also and that’s very effective when you are writing something on keep and then want to place it on google keep.
Go to google docs and you can see a google keep icon on the right side of the screen.
Where you can access all your notes that have on the same account. After that, you can simply drag the note onto the docs and that will place on the docs.
Switch between your favorite view
Google keep has two views on both desktop and mobile.
- grid view
- line view
I personally prefer to see on grid view, it’s easy to navigate, has lots of notes on a screen, and is beautiful to watch also.
Google keep has lots of shortcuts on their application. It will help you to consume less time with function more. You can find those shortcuts are only on desktops by clicking the settings icon > keyboard shortcuts.
Those keyboard shortcuts are, Navigation
- Navigate to next/previous note = j / k
- Move note to next/previous position = Shift + j / k
- Navigate to next/previous list item = n / p
- Move list item to next/previous position = Shift + n / p
- Compose a new note = c
- Compose a new list = l
- Search notes = /
- Select all notes = Ctrl + a
- Open keyboard shortcut help = ?
- Send feedback = @
- Archive note = e
- Delete note = #
- Pin or unpin notes = f
- Select note = x
- Toggle between list and grid view = Ctrl + g
- Finish editing = Esc
- Finish editing = Ctrl + Enter
- Toggle checkboxes = Ctrl + Shift + 8
- Indent/dedent list item = Ctrl + ] / [
Also read: Read aloud chrome extension Review
This is a mobile-only feature. This feature curates the important feature of the app and shows it on the homepage.
Capture web content easily
You can capture web content links easily and visit that later. this is like the pocket app, where you save URLs/links to visit later.
- On desktop, you have to download the google keep chrome extension to use. Then when you visit any website click on the google keep’s icon on the extension trey and it will save to the google keep’s account.
- On mobile, when you visit chrome then click on the three dots and share to google keep.
Missing Feature: No rich text (italic and bold)
This is a missing feature google keep definitely has but they don’t have this feature yet, but hope for the future. If they have this option then google keep is like other note-taking applications also.
Everyone has google keep on their smartphone but no one using it. use it to simplify your day-to-day life and please comment down below for any suggestions or any missing features or any google keep tips and tricks.