Every day we search on google and read something, reading articles is a boring thing to do, no one wants to read anymore and they need pieces of information quickly.
I am in that category also and I want to find the solution it and I found a chrome extension called “Read aloud“.
let’s see how read aloud chrome extension works and saves your lots of time.
Overview: Read aloud chrome extension
Recently I researched a topic and I have a limited amount of time to finish, but I have to read multiple articles to ensure I have the right information.
So I found a chrome extension that helps me a lot. That’s a chrome extension that I found very useful and that’s why I finish my research and I save lots of time, I might be biased but it’s very useful for me.
Watch this video
This 2 minutes of video might be helpful for you, so watch this…
How to install
- First go to their webstore and download the extension or you can click here to go their.
- Then, search for “read aloud” and add the extension to your chrome browser.
- After installing head over to the extension tray and pin the extension for easier use.
How to use Read aloud chrome extension:
it can work on any article or pdfs that opens in a chrome browser.
- first, open any article or pdfs in your chrome browser.
- Then, click on the icon of the read-aloud extension in the extension tray.
- Then, you can listen to the transcript version of the article.
- This browser supported 7 different languages including English, Vietnamese, Spanish, Italian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese.
- You can set the shortcut to active the extension; just go to the setting of the extension and you will see “Edit shortcut keys”.
- you can set custom voice or select from lots of voices, adjust pitch, volume, speed and turn on and off of text highlighting [That yellow bars appear then read at that time].
- You can adjust their table and font-size also while they appear.
Microsoft Edge has a similar feature also, it’s worth trying. To use it, you can click on three dots and you will see the “Read aloud” feature or simply “Ctrl+Shift+U” to activate.
This extension is a time saver and it helps me a lot while I am reading something or quickly understand something, you can use this extension also it very useful to use and has simple and nice UI/UX. Let me know how it can helpful for you and suggest more like them for me to use and message me on Twitter.